14 Feb 2023
10 tips to keep your motorbike's brakes in shape
- Just like tyres, brakes are extremely important for our safety on the road. It is therefore imperative to observe the following:
- Check the brake fluid: Make sure the brake fluid is at the right level and replace it on time if necessary.
- Inspect the brake discs: Regularly check the brake discs for damage and wear.
Replace brake pads on time: Replace brake pads on time when worn or damaged to maintain braking power.
- Use the right brake fluid: Use the right brake fluid, according to the manufacturer's recommendations, to improve braking power and avoid problems.
- Clean brake discs regularly: Clean brake discs regularly to ensure they are free of dust and dirt.
- Carry out regular brake tests: Perform regular brake tests to check brake performance and detect any problems.
- Use correct brake pressure: Use the correct brake pressure, according to the manufacturer's recommendations, to improve braking performance and avoid problems.
- Avoid hard braking: Avoid hard braking, especially at high speeds, to protect the brake pads and discs.
- Consider brake upgrade: Consider upgrading your motorbike's brakes to higher performance brakes for improved stopping power.
- Have brakes inspected by a professional at United Scooters: Have your brakes inspected regularly by a professional to ensure they are in good condition and prevent problems from occurring.